The event is scheduled to begin on the following dates:
Sunday Sept. 8
Sunday Oct. 13
Friday Oct. 18 (Round One)
Friday Nov. 22 (Round Two)
Finals: January 10th 2014
1. If chosen as a participant, your band will compete at Evermore Battle of the Bands on the date(s) above.
2. Each band will be allowed 45 minutes total for set up, performance and tear down. (For example: 10 minutes set up, 5 minute sound check 30 minute performance.) Set up and tear down time will overlap with the bands preceding and following your set for less down time.
3. Each band will be responsible for keeping track of their own time. Judges will also be keeping track for their own records. Points will be deducted for playing over the time limit. (Violation 3 points/1 minute.)
4. Any band member who appears to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other controlled substance will result in band disqualification. In addition, the person in question will be asked to leave the premises for the remainder of the competition.
5. Indecent or obscene body gestures will NOT be permitted. Any actions or lyrics determined to be indecent or obscene by the judges will result in the disqualification of the entry.
6. Thee Grotto will not tolerate “moshing” or similar behaviors at events. Any attempt by the artist to encourage those types of behaviors will result from forfeiture of artist fee. Event attendees are not allowed on stage at any time.
7. All deposits are considered final and non-refundable for pre-sale and day of show tickets.
8. Event will take place, rain or shine.
9. In the event of a tie, an odd number of judges will be asked to re-evaluate only the two artists competing in the tie. The artists voted best of the judges will proceed to the next round.
1.The following back-line gear is provided by Evermore Sound.
- Pearl drum set includes:
- Kick 22″
- Toms 12″ & 13″
- Floor 16″
- Drum Shield (Clear)
EQUIPMENT NOT SUPPLIED
- Drummer must provide the following:
- cymbals with stands
- Hi-hat & stand
- Snare & stand
- Guitarists must provide their own instruments, amps, cabling and outboard gear/pedals
2. Participants must use provided drum kit and any of the above equipment as needed. The participants must provide any additional equipment. The equipment must be able to plug into the provided sound systems. NO exceptions will be made.
3. Evermore Sound, Orlando Bands and Thee Grotto West are not responsible for damage or theft of personal property.
4. Abuse or theft of the provided equipment will result in immediate disqualification and required reparation to the equipment provider.
5. Orlando Bands will provide an audio technician, who will mix all bands.
1. Each act will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall Performance (Musically, tightness of the band, well rehearsed).
- Professionalism (loading on/off stage, thanks and shout outs to venue/sponsors, mentioning other performers).
- Stage Presence (Utilizing space, movement/activity, working the crowd, wardrobe).
- Promotion (Announcing your band name clearly and effectively, announcing your website, encouraging visitors to your merch booth).
- Networking (Introducing yourself to people off the stage, encouraging people to sign up on your newsletters, meeting the judges and attendees).
1. Artists performing will have the opportunity to earn bonus points to help them advance to the next round. Bonus points are awarded for the following:
- Each show we will be accepting donations to help raise funds for a non for profit charitable organization. Every 5 tickets you encourage your fans to donate toward means an extra point for the band. (Maximum of 10 points can earned)
- Pre-sale ticket return – Every pre-sale ticket that comes back through the door day of show will be tallied as an extra point for the band.
1. All individuals attending Battle of the Bands must have a photo ID.
2. $5 Pre-sales will be provided by the artists, phone call orders and website purchases.
3. Bands will be provided 1 pass for the band’s manager as long as his/her name and information is included on the application as well as an access pass for each band member.
Prizes will be similar to those listed below:
All Participants: $50 Gift certificate to Evermore Sound
First Prize:Production prize to Evermore Sound
Second Prize:Production prize to Evermore Sound
Third Prize:Production prize to Evermore Sound
Fourth Prize:Production prize to Evermore Sound
First Prize:Production prize to Evermore Sound & other prizes TBA.
Second Prize:Production prize to Evermore Sound & other prizes TBA.
Third Prize:Production prize to Evermore Sound & other prizes TBA.
**Evermore Sound reserves the right to change prizes at any time**
ALL BANDS MUST BE CHECKED-IN to the front door by 7:00 PM each performance night to qualify for the event.